Blessings of Liberty Clause
We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.
- Proposal to Settle Foreign Protestants on Ohio Company Lands
- George Mason to the Committee of Merchants in London
- Essays concerning the Nonimportation Association
- First Draft of the Virginia Declaration of Rights
- Final Draft of the Virginia Declaration of Rights