More Perfect Union Clause
We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.
- An Ordinance for Establishing a General Test Oath
- George Mason to Richard Henry Lee · recipient: Richard Henry Lee
- The Remonstrance of the General Assembly of Virginia to the Delegates of the United American States in Congress Assembled
- George Mason to Joseph Jones · recipient: Joseph Jones
- George Washington to George Mason · recipients: Benjamin Harrison, V., George Mason