The Congress shall have Power . . . To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions;
- Charter of New England
- Charter of Massachusetts Bay
- Charter of Connecticut
- Fairfax County Militia Association
- Fairfax County Committee of Safety Proceedings
- Fairfax County Militia Plan "for Embodying the People"
- George Mason's remarks on annual elections for the Fairfax Independent Company
- An Ordinance for Establishing a General Test Oath
- Constitution of South Carolina
- Committee Draft of the Virginia Declaration of Rights and edited by the Virginia Convention
- Final Draft of the Virginia Declaration of Rights
- Constitution of Maryland
- Constitution of Massachusetts
- Charles Pinckney: "Observations On The Plan of Government Submitted to The Federal Convention, in Philadelphia, on the 28th of May, 1787"
- Committee of Detail Report with Revisions
- James Madison's Notes of the Constitutional Convention
- United States Constitution
The Constitution of the United States.
- Brutus I
- Centinel III
- The Federalist No. 8