Presidential Oath of Office Clause
Before he enter on the Execution of his Office, he shall take the following Oath or Affirmation:—"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."
- United States Constitution
The Constitution of the United States.
- Constitution of Massachusetts
- Constitution of Maryland
- Constitution of South Carolina
- Charter of Connecticut
- James Madison on the Pinckney Plan
- James Madison's Notes of the Constitutional Convention
- Melancton Smith's Notes of the New York Ratification Convention Debates
- Edmund Randolph in the Virginia Convention