Protection Against Invasion Clause
The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government, and shall protect each of them against Invasion; and on Application of the Legislature, or of the Executive (when the Legislature cannot be convened), against domestic Violence.
- United States Constitution
The Constitution of the United States.
- James Madison's Notes of the Constitutional Convention
- Draft Sketch of Constitution by Edmund Randolph
- A Federal Republican: A Review of the Constitution
- Charter of New England
- Luther Martin: Genuine Information VIII
- Journal Notes of the Virginia Ratification Convention Proceedings
- A Slave and A Son of Liberty