User Contributions to ConSource Libraries
ConSource maintains an official library and an open library. The official library contains collections and documents that have been approved by a board of academic advisors who specialize in U.S. history and constitutional themes. The open library contains collections and documents that are not yet approved or not approved by the academic advisory board.
As we build the next phase of ConSource.org, anyone will be able to participate in content creation and editing by signing up for a ConSource account. While the next phase of development is awaiting funding, you can still help improve and add to ConSource content.
Email us if you have access to original source documents related to constitutional history that you would like to see on ConSource.org. To help us in the editing process, when you browse ConSource resources, use the Flag or Suggest button if you see any of the following:
- content that's inappropriate or unrelated to constitutional history
- missing metadata (author, recipient, manuscript location information, etc. that should appear in the right column)
- a passage that ought to be cross-referenced to a constitutional clause, topic, or other document
- a passage for which you have an idea of a useful explanatory footnote
- need for proofreading (note that many spelling errors are from the original text)
- other errors
Documents with many errors may be the result of automatic conversion from a scan. Mark such documents as in-need of more thorough proofreading.