State Title of Nobility Clause
No State shall enter into any Treaty, Alliance, or Confederation; grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal; coin Money; emit Bills of Credit; make any Thing but gold and silver Coin a Tender in Payment of Debts; pass any Bill of Attainder, ex post facto Law, or Law impairing the Obligation of Contracts, or grant any Title of Nobility.
- Committee Draft of the Virginia Declaration of Rights and edited by the Virginia Convention
- Final Draft of the Virginia Declaration of Rights
- Constitution of Massachusetts
- James Madison's Notes of the Constitutional Convention
- United States Constitution
The Constitution of the United States.
- Alexander J. Dallas' Notes of the Pennsylvania Ratification Convention
- The Federalist No. 44
- Francis Childs' Notes of the New York Ratification Convention Debates
- Alexander Hamilton Notes of the New York Ratification Convention Debates